Extrasil Series HPLC Column
Extrailsil Series HPLC Columns are based on ultra-pure (purity > 99.999%) spherical and totally porous silica, unique bonding chemistry and proprietary surface modification techniques, producing excellent peak shape, column efficiency and exceptional lot-to-lot reproducibility. ExtrasilTM column is the best choice for method development, owing to complete bonding chemistries and stable performance.
- Ultra-pure spherical porous silica, purity> 99.999%
- Unique bonding chemistry and endcapping technology
- High efficiency: theoretical plate > 80,000/m
- Excellent peak symmetry: tailing factor=0.95~1.05
- Wide pH range: 1.5-10
- Long column lifetime
- Exceptional lot-to-lot reproducibility
- Complete bonding chemistries with different selectivities
- Easy to develop or improve your HPLC method
- Excellent performance, exceptionally rugged USP phases
- Exeptional lot-to-lot reproducibility
Extrasil is the most commonly used column in the market. It can substitute Waters Symmery, Agilent
Zorbax XDB, Phenomenex Luna, Supelcosil, YMC ODS, Alltima, GL, Inertsil ODS etc. Extrasil has high theoretical plates and peak capacity, so it’s suitable for analysis of complex samples.
Comparison of Peak Shape Between Batch to Batch
Variety of bonding phases
XB Series Reversed Phase Column
Extrasil XB-C18: Universal HPLC Analytical Column, most commonly used column in the market; high theoretical plates, peak capacity and suitable for analysis of complex samples.
Extrasil XB-C8: Less retentive than XB-C18 phase, useful for strong hydrophobic compounds that are too strongly retained on C18 phase, and for LC/MS applications, where long retention is not desired. When separating neutral or other highly retained compounds, XB-C8 can save analytical time. However, when separating polar compounds, XB-C8 column provides different selectivity than does XB-C18 column
Extrasil XB-Phenyl: Less retentive than conventional C18 or C8 phases, but more retentive than standard cyano phase. Due to their ability to participate in π-π interactions, XB-Phenyl columns may actually be more retentive than C18 or C8 columns towards certain polar aromatic compounds, depending on running conditions. The selectivity for highly polar aromatics, which is poorly retained on alkyl-bonded phases, together with reduced retentivity towards non-polar compounds, makes XB-Phenyl an excellent choice for the analysis of complex mixtures of polar and non-polar analytes. Additionally, this bonding phase boasts high surface coverage and exhaustive double end-capping, leading to better performance.
Extrasil XB-C4: Suitable for separation of bio-samples. Strong retention for hydrophobic and polar compounds; packing of 300 Å big pore size particlesis for peptide and protein; minibore column can be used for LC/MS(/MS)
Analysis of Aflatoxin in Extrasil XB-C18, 4.6×250 mm, 5 µm; Water:MeOH:ACN 46:40:14
1) Uracil 2) Phenol 3) Paranitrotoluene 4) Toluene in Extrasil column 4.6×150 mm, 5 µm; MeOH:H2O 70:30
XB Series Normal Phase Column
1) Fructose 2) Glucose 3) Maltose 4) Maltotriose 5) Maltopentaose in Extrasil XB-NH2, 4.6 ×250 mm,5 µm; ACN:Water 70:30
Cloprostenol Sodium α, β in Extrasil Diol, 4.6 ×300 mm, 3 µm; N-hexane:Isopropanol 99.5:0.5
Extrasil SiO2: ultra-high purity type B silica particles with no metal contents; used for strong hydrophilic compounds in high concentration organic solvent; good result can be obtained for the analysis of polar compounds which are prone to peak tailing in reversed phase.
Extrasil XB-CN: used in either reversed or normal phase; special selectivity for polar compounds, fast elution of hydrophobic molecules; perfect peak shape for strong basic analytes (including quaternary ammonium salts). XB-CN is a good choice for compounds that are strongly retained on standard reversed columns. Normal phase CN column can replace SiO2 column and equilibrium of normal phase column is fast, and the silica surface activity is better than that of silica column. To prolong column life time, alternation between reversed phase and normal phase uses should be avoided.
Extrasil XB-NH2: based on propyl-amino silane, mostly used in normal phase, but can also be used in HILIC mode and reversed phase; used in normal phase for weak anion-exchange, and in reversed-phase HPLC for polar compounds
Extrasil Diol: based on ultra-pure porous spherical silica bonded with 1,2-dihydroxypropyl functional group silina; Diol is used in normal phase mostly, but can also be used in HILIC mode, suitable for separation of peptides, proteins, polar molecules, and organic acids and its polymers.
- More stable than traditional normal phase columns, such as Silica, Amine
- Can be used in reversed phase analysis
- Similar polarity to Amine
- Good selectivity without excessive retention
- Improved peak shape compared to bare silica
Other bonded phases
- Extrasil SB-C18 (low pH)
- Extrasil SAX (Strong Anion Exchange)
- Extrasil SCX (Strong Cation Exchange)
- Extrasil Plus C18 (high endcapping technique)
- Extrasil ODS-3 (high water-resistance octadecyl)
- Extrasil SH-C18 (Steric hindrance)
- Extrasil ALK-C18 (basic sample application)
- Extrasil PAH (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon)
- Extrasil Polar-RP
- Extrasil Phenyl-Ether
- Extrasil Mix Mode
- Extrasil Amino Acid
- Extrasil HILIC
- Extrasil Flourinated Phase
- Extrasil Chiral
Please note that our policy prohibits supplying end-users. However, everybody is welcome to ask for technical advise or samples.
Enquiries and orders have to be placed at your local dealer or can be forwarded by us to a distributor of ours.